The weMED Team works closely with your OB-GYN, or fertility specialist, to improve successful rate of assisted pregnancy.
Or we help couples to have healthy baby naturally:
Eastern Wisdom on having a Healthy Baby
Having a baby is a delicate process. Egg and sperm production and maturation, transport, fertilization, and implantation are all regulated by many factors. Traditional Chinese Medicine holds a unique philosophy that human being and nature are closely related and human body is a microcosm of nature, and having a baby is like planting a seed. This ancient paradigm is a rich source for having a healthy baby.
The requirements of growing a strong plant and having a healthy baby are quite similar:
|Growing a Strong Plant||Having a Healthy Baby|
|A seed with high quality||Egg and sperm with good quality|
|Rich, clean soil||Healthy, receptive uterus|
|Proper climate (moisture, sunshine)||Healthy mommy (good mood, balanced hormone, etc.)|
|Care (watering, food supplying, etc.)||Healthy mommy (balanced diet, good digestion, etc.)|
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are widely used to promote fertility and treat infertility either to achieve natural pregnancy or assist IUI and IVF in many countries such as China, America, Germany, England and Korea.
Acupuncture and herbs promote fertility by:
- Improving general wellbeing
- Decreasing stress
- Balancing hormones
- Improving the function of ovaries
- Promoting blood circulation of uterus and increasing the thickness of uterine lining
- Improving the quality, quantity and mobility of sperm.
- Approximately 72 days are required to produce sperm.
- It takes up to 150 days for an egg to grow from a follicle in its resting state into a full-blown egg ready to be released.
- The most common estimate of the fertilizable lifespan of human sperm is 48-72 days, and egg is 24 hours. To achieve pregnancy the best time to have intercourse is between 3 days before ovulation to 1 day after ovulation.
Suggestions from Dr. Ma
- Quit smoking 6 months before trying to conceive.
- Check medication with your doctors 6 months before trying to conceive.
- Male should avoid wearing tight pants and taking hot baths.
- Have a balanced and fertility friendly diet, try to have natural, unprocessed foods and avoid foods with added hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, additives, etc.
- Exercise regularly and properly.
- Get plenty of sleep.