Dr. You is experienced in treating skin disorders by using acupuncture to regulate the immune system, and addressing the root of the condition by using Chinese herbs to clear the toxin.
The effectiveness of combined Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture in the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2008 Oct;14(8):1043-8
After 12 weeks of treatment:
- An improvement in Eczema Area and Severity Index (EASI) was noted in 100% of patients.
- 78.8% of patients experienced a reduction in DLQI (Dermatology Life Quality Index) and VAS(visual analogue scale), as compared with the baseline
- No adverse effects were observed.
Acupuncture treatment for psoriasis: a retrospective case report. Acupuncture Electrotherapy Research. 1992 Jul-Sep;17(3):195-208.
- With acupuncture treatment, approximately one-half (30) of the 61 patients had complete or almost complete clearance of the skin lesions.
- Approximately one quarter (14 patients) of them had a clearance of about two thirds of the skin lesions.
- Eight of them had a clearance of one third of the skin lesions.
- Nine patients had minimal or no improvement.
- The experience indicates that acupuncture is induced an effective therapeutic modality for psoriasis, particularly when the western medical management is unsuccessful.
Clinical observation on the effect of acupuncture in 85 cases of common acne. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2008 Mar;28(1):18-20
- 61 of the 85 cases treated were cured
- 12 markedly effective, 9 improved, and 3 failed
- The total effective rate was 96.47%